Friday, September 09, 2005

I'm trying to read the transcript (in Ukrainian) of Yulia Tymoshenko's press conference on Inter Channel earlier tonight - but I doubt I'll make it to the end. Take her greeting, for example:

I've come to you, to the people who want to hear me, just me and not some texts, I've come here as if to my own family, to my mama, my daughter, just to tell you what's happened.


Isn't it enough that the conflict between Tymoshenko and Poroshenko has few real issues behind it and seems way too personal? It would've been as useless for the country if the two of them didn't hate each other but were madly in love. And now this family-mama-daughter crap...

2 comments:

  1. Is there a way to get an English translation?

    Okay, I'm a Yulia fan too.

    09.10.05 - 2:14 am

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neeka, you are the best! I laughed so hard when I read this post. !!!
    But I, pause, reflect and want to shake MY fist at the sky - God why do you send Ukraine such misery? Have no heart for it's people? And then I try to console myself - this too shall pass. But who will be left standing at the end?

    09.10.05 - 3:54 am

    ReplyDelete