Saturday, February 07, 2009

Insomnia notes:

My bookmarks have stopped updating automatically, and I can't find a way to fix it. Maybe it'll force me to actually write more here.

Marta's been giving me a really hard time lately - our angel turned into a monster practically overnight a week or so ago. I've read somewhere that it's common when a kid is 3 years old. I'm trying to be patient, but it's not easy.

As always, I'm reading tons of stuff on politics in Ukraine and Russia, and most of it is leaving me speechless. Maybe it's time again to start pretending I'm just a tourist here - because I miss being talkative/writative.

It's past 6:30 AM here in Moscow, snowing. There is an old Zhiguli parked across the street, a gypsy cab with (most likely) an Azeri driver sitting in it, waiting. And there is a man at a trolleybus stop, also waiting, just a few meters away from the cab. And here comes the trolleybus, the first one today, I guess. The man is gone now. And I'm done with my cigarette and am off to bed. Good night. Good morning.

2 comments:

  1. Children can be very challenging at that age... yes it is difficult to be patient. Wait till they are 16, that is the worst time. Enjoy the little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know where the phrase "terrible twos" came from, because it really happens at three. All that show of will means they're smart and frustrated. It will pass, but it really sucks when it's happening, especially in February!

    ReplyDelete