Thursday, November 09, 2006

Where should I begin.

Every night these past few days, I tried to post something, but kept getting interrupted. Marta's sleeping habits have changed yet again - she likes to wake up in the middle of the night and stay up for a few hours, playing and crawling around, and she screams every time I try to lull her back into sleep. It's all really exhausting, but I'm not complaining, I'm just stating the facts.

What's also exhausting is having to walk half an hour one way and half an hour back to reach the park during our daily walks - an hour every day spent slaloming between cars with a stroller, uphill much of the time. Okay, here I am complaining.

My mama helps me tremendously, and I've no idea how we're gonna survive without her when we move to Moscow.

***

Here's a photo of Marta on one of her after-midnight sprees...

4 comments:

  1. that's a great photo of marta!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tickle her if she tries to take a nap during the day.

    Yes - harna pic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yeah, I know the feeling. It took two years before I got any sleep. I thought breastfeeding was to blame, but it just took time. Sleeping 10 or more hours straight is a skill to be learned like any other.

    That said, there was a time when a banana at the 5 am wakeup did the trick. People told me it was rotting his teeth, but it helped him go to sleep for another 2 hours, so whatever! That phase only lasted a month or two...

    ReplyDelete
  4. an amazing photo - I love the play of light and dark

    ReplyDelete