Saturday, November 04, 2006

Too tired, too busy to write.

Marta's all over the place all the time and it's too cold now to take her for those long walks...

Marta's fever was caused by roseola, by the way - thank you, guys, for letting me know about Calpol: they recommended it to my mama at the drugstore, too, and she bought it, and I gave it to Marta once and it worked. Marta's rash was barely noticeable - but enough to remind me of something I'd read on the web a day ago: this is how I figured it was roseola, not (just) the teeth. I didn't call a doctor...

***

Russian March in Moscow tomorrow, very curious how it would go, really hope no one's gonna get hurt.

***

Also tomorrow, one year since I left for Kyiv: feels like yesterday, but also very distant.

***

Here's a picture of Kyiv that's not really Kyiv to me. The new building isn't bad, but I think it totally doesn't belong there, on Lesya Ukrainka Boulevard. I think all those skyscrapers don't belong in Kyiv's center at all - why can't they build something like London's Canary Wharf away from the center?



And a year ago, Nov. 7, 2005:

2 comments:

  1. good lord, that really is out of place, like a giant suppository in the sky...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lived just down the street on Shoto Rustaveli and watched the entire neighborhood transformed (Mandarin Plaza). In 2001 it was a nice quiet neighborhood. Wait till the other TWO buildings go up just on the next corner at Esplanade.

    ReplyDelete