Saturday, March 11, 2006

Shit, today's Yanukovych's day on Khreshchatyk...

Blue tents, blue flags everywhere - but what's really annoying is the music: we laughed at it with Mishah last weekend, but now I'll have to spend the day listening to it... The thing is, Yanukovych and his Party of the Regions are using the tune of We Will Rock You - and their own lyrics, which include this:

My za Regiony! S nami Yanukovich!

("We are for the Regions! Yanukovych is with us!")


Like, God's with us.

I think it's so ridiculously dumb. Poor Freddie Mercury.

Anyway, here's what it looks like from my window now:





I'll try to get outside later and take some pictures, if Marta allows me.

P.S. I keep forgetting to link to this little info about Yanukovych's campaign supplied by Scott W. Clark at Foreign Notes:

The Wall Street Journal reports:

In a hush-hush deal, longtime Republican lobbyist Paul Manafort signs on as a behind-the-scenes campaign adviser for the much-maligned Ukrainian opposition figure and close friend of the Kremlin, Viktor Yanukovych, who earned the scorn of the White House during the 2004 Orange Revolution that brought his opponent to power in Kiev. (Via the Action Ukraine Report.)

No comments:

Post a Comment