Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Q. Many questions from Bishkek online. Does Radio Ekho Moskvy broadcast there?

A. Yes, of course, it's one of the most popular stations there.

[A question from someone whose last name is Bekbolotov - but not Ilyas.]

Akayev promises not to run for president yet another time. Declares his love for the constitution.

Q. Dialogue with the opposition?

A. The only legitimate body now is the parliament. It's head, elected yesterday, has always been my opponent, at all the previous elections. I'm ready to have a dialogue with him. [I didn't catch the name, sorry.]

...Executive branch is illegitimate now. Anti-constitutional overthrow...

Q. Were the emails from you authentic?

A. Yes, I confirm the authenticity. I had no access to other media and the computer is always with me. I did write those two letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment