Saturday, March 26, 2005

Headlines should be banned. Well, some of them.

I woke up, opened Gazeta.ru and saw this:

Yushchenko Has Refused to Come to Moscow for Victory Day Celebrations

Immediately, I imagined all the stink and bullshit from certain Russian media that we'd be supposed to live through in the next month and a half. But then I read the piece:

Ukrainian President Victor Yushchenko intends to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War on May 9 in Ukraine.

"I'll feel uncomfortable if the war veterans gather in Kyiv and I'll be standing at a podium elsewhere. I think it'll be easy for President Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin and other colleagues to understand," he said [...].

At the same time, Yushchenko noted that he intends to visit Moscow on May 8.


And Ukrainska Pravda has one more quote from Yushchenko on this:

I'm planning to go (to Moscow) on May 8, to express my respect for the veterans and presidents who'll be in Moscow.

No comments:

Post a Comment