Thursday, November 18, 2004

I guess I'm just terribly nervous about the upcoming election. Not even nervous but getting too impatient to concentrate on writing.

In the past week, I've only written a few emails, all related to the election. One of my friends thought the debate on Monday was a disaster for Yushchenko (because he picked in his nose, spoke in long sentences and didn't look straight into the camera) - and I thought it wasn't a disaster (because Yanukovych said too many lies, and was dorky and Soviet in general, and everyone understood this). Another friend, among other things, wrote that "the two halves of Ukraine don't even speak the same language" - which is such a generalization.

Anyway, Yushchenko is speaking on Ukrainian Channel 1 in a few minutes, and I gotta run to the other room to catch it. All I wanted to say is I can't concentrate on anything because of all this politics.

P.S. I've talked my mama into hanging a piece of orange cloth out on our balcony today, in addition to the windchimes made of orange feathers that we already have there.

P.P.S. What's kind of sad is that this past Saturday I told my friend who works at Kuchma's administration and votes against all that I didn't want to see him again, that I was sick of his hypocrisy. I don't think I was very rational when I said it. Impulsive. I did mean it - and I didn't. But I'm not ready yet to make it up with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment