Wednesday, July 04, 2007

I forgot to mention one important detail: on Saturday, Mishah came to Kyiv to pick us up, broke his leg, and left for Moscow on Sunday without us, to deal with some unfinished business and also to return our plane tickets. So, no Obolon for him for now... :(

I hoped to escape to Pushcha next week, with both Marta and Mishah - but the sanatorium is filled up until August 25. That's, like, an unspeakable tragedy. Seriously.

To cheer myself up a bit, I went for one of those marathon walks yesterday, from Besarabka to Maksym Rylskyi monument in Golosiyivo. I told myself that since the vacation is either canceled or postponed and I'm stuck in this part of the world, I might as well try to feel not at home here, pretend I'm a tourist, and take some pictures.

It worked very well - 56 photos from this walk are here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Neeka, you're a sweetheart.

    About the vacation thing, look on the bright side, at least you are able to walk. I have had some knee and ankle issues as of late and have come to realize just how much I used to take my health for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great photos, including the sovok lettering removed from one of the buildings.

    Quite a mix of new and old.

    ReplyDelete