Saturday, April 26, 2008

I've spent the past week in Moscow, with a nearly total kindergarten in and around my head:



***

What little I've had of the adult stuff this week all had to do with my Global Voices reading, linking and translating.

***

Oh, and I've also managed to read Olga Allenova's text (RUS) on the current mess in Chechnya, in Kommersant-Vlast.

Ramzan Kadyrov vs. Sulim Yamadayev: the Chechen boys of the "Kremlin-backed" president vs. the Chechen boys from one of the battalions of the Russian Federation's Ministry of Defense.

***

And, on the way home today, I've spotted this mini-poster announcing yet another Dissenters March - planned for May 6. The slogan this year is as plain as it gets: "We hate the government."



Pasted on a drugstore's door, the note is actually much tinier than it appears on this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment