Sunday, January 06, 2008

Turkish Flashback, by Trici Venola:

TURKISH FLASHBACK, by Trici Venola

Click on the image to enlarge it.

For a 4000 x 940 copy, click here.

It's hanging on the wall at our hotel. There's more Trici's work there. And Trici herself is often there, too.

I photographed it and then went to Trici's website, to find an online copy of a better quality. Failed, but ended up spending an hour looking at Trici's other pieces.

So interesting, as if I'm seeing them for the first time (I'm not). Made me feel sad, because it's been almost nine years since we came to Istanbul for the first time, and so much has changed, everyone and everything.

And Trici's work is one of the things I remember so well from our first visit in August 1999, right before the earthquake...

No comments:

Post a Comment