Monday, October 15, 2007

Trying to entertain Marta this morning, I kept straying off to YouTube, to watch some of my favorite Soviet cartoons. I realized they were a bit too boring for Marta when we were watching the first one, Winnie-the-Pooh, and I wasn't surprised at all, but since it didn't really matter after that, I got to watch Padal proshlogodniy sneg (1983) in between other, more kid-friendly, things.

(All videos and links are in Russian.)

Part One:



Part Two:



Here's another one, made by the same guy, Aleksandr Tatarskiy, in 1981:



I don't think I've ever seen it from the very beginning. In general, it feels very different to watch this stuff on YouTube, not on TV. A totally different context.

Tatarsky was born in Kyiv in 1950, and died this past summer, at the time when we were searching for my papa. So very sad.

Here's a video interview with him, conducted by The New Times just ten days before his death.

No comments:

Post a Comment