Thursday, July 06, 2006

(Have been trying to post this for quite a while, but Blogger was down.)

I did take a walk there - decided to do some "citizen reporting."

"Dachnitsa reporting" is a better term.

Here's one picture and I'll post a few more later, to my Pushcha Vodytsya set at Flickr:



As you can see, there are people who don't give a shit. The woman on the photo just walked barefoot past the trash and into the lake. And I felt weird: who knows, maybe this is how it's supposed to be. Maybe I'm just spoiled. Maybe all those nice and clean places like the lakes around Iowa City don't exist. But after I was done taking pictures, I went back to the sanatorium, and of course, it's a different world there, sort of. And I am spoiled, of course.

More later.

1 comment:

  1. Clean lakes do exist but you don't have to look far to find a dump, litter or polution. Waste is a huge problem world wide. I think the states are just good at hiding the problem. The states might actually be worse as we consume so much, and everything is packaged in paper or plastic. NYC alone creates a huge amount of waste each day. I just posted about 4th of July litter. It doesn't hurt to contact those with the power to do something about it.

    ReplyDelete