Friday, June 30, 2006

Have been trying to write about it for way over a month now:

My wonderful friend Tanya, the one I wrote about in that New York Times piece back in 2004, is in New York City now!!!

She's been awarded a scholarship to attend the summer Yiddish language program at NYU - this one, I guess.

I'm so proud of her, and very, very happy.

I've been told that she didn't like NYC at first (she arrived there Sunday), but is getting used to it gradually.

Again, I'm totally proud of her - and hope that she'll love this adventure and will do good in her classes! And will end up loving the city.

By the way, in addition to Yiddish, Tanya studies Arabic, Hebrew, and a few other, European, languages. Which ones, I have to ask - I can never remember them all )))

No comments:

Post a Comment