Monday, December 06, 2004

My Camera Update...

I'm in a terrible, terrible mood because yesterday it turned out that the problem isn't with the battery but with the camera itself... I did find the battery, along with an extremely helpful and friendly sales guy, and we tried several batteries, but the camera is dead. He gave me the address and phone number of a repairs shop, located God knows where, and I called them today: they say any type of repairs would require them to have my camera for at least two weeks. Which is horrible. So I'll probably go there tomorrow, and maybe by the third round of the election I'll have the camera back, healthy and all...

I've never had any luck with cameras, and this is why I never took that photojournalism class, and this camera lasted a year and a half, and I have tons of wonderful pictures, mainly from St. Pete - but what's happened now is so typical: the camera let me down at one of those very important moments... This, of course, will make me even more superstitious: I sort of talk to my cameras, like they are human beings, and the one that has died now didn't know she was my camera - she thought she was Mishah's... I haven't seen Mishah in a very long time myself - I wonder if the camera can't stand being away from him for so long, either...

I really feel like I'm missing a hand, with the camera gone and no hope for the battery left...


No comments:

Post a Comment