Friday, September 10, 2004

Oh. I got carried away. I forgot to mention that there’ve also been fraud reports from Rostov: some people go from one apartment to another, introducing themselves as representatives of a charity organization, pretending to be collecting money for the victims. And NTV has mentioned a website that also asks for donations but is a fraud, too – I tried finding it but failed (they showed it briefly – what I remember is that the background is red, and I think it’s in Russian). [UPDATE: No, it's in English... A mix of news and photos, and an email that one should write to in order to get the bank account number... So dumb... I found the link in the most recent Gazeta.ru piece on legitimate charities and the fake ones.]

There is one site based in the States that appears legitimate – but who the hell knows… Here’s the address, though:

International Foundation For Terror Act Victims
959-A Bristol Pike
Bensalem, PA 19020, USA
www.moscowhelp.org

No comments:

Post a Comment